What is a service transfer?
A service transfer is the transfer of your broadband service from one provider to another. If both providers are using the same fibre network, we need to agree a date where one provider ceases service and the new provider takes over.
How does it work?
- Firstly, you'll need to place your order at www.fibrehop.com
- Next you’ll need to cancel your existing broadband service and agree to a cancellation date with your existing provider. Please make sure this date is at least 10 days away so that we can ensure your Fibrehop connection is set up and ready to go on the same date.
- Once you have your cancellation date, please email us a copy of the email from your provider with the cease date to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for your Fibrehop service to start on the same day.
- We’ll send you an order confirmation email with all the details and you’ll receive your Fibrehop router in the post a few days before your start date.
- On the service transfer date, your existing provider will cease service and your old router will stop working.
- At this point, you can plug in your Fibrehop router. Find the white cable with the yellow tips that came in the box with the router and plug the wire into the CityFibre wall box and the yellow tip into the red WAN port on your Fibrehop router.
- You can connect to WiFi using the code on the back of the router.
- You’re set up and ready to go!
Frequently asked questions
Can I switch now although I am in a contract?
You’ll need to speak to your existing provider to find out if there are any penalty charges for ending your contract early.
Do I need to be at home when the switch takes place?
No you don’t - all you need to do is plug in your new router on the day of switch over.
Any other questions?