Your Fibrehop installation should be quick and easy, these instructions will help you to know what to expect and ensure everything goes smoothly on the day.
Step by step guide
- First you need to select an installation slot (either morning or afternoon) on a day when you know you’ll be home. The installation should take between 1-3 hours.
- You'll receive your router in the post a couple of days before your installation appointment. Please keep this safe & handy for the installation.
- On the day of the installation, the engineer will give you a call in the morning to let you know what time to expect them. When they arrive, they will talk you through the proposed route that the fibre will be laid from the street to your building and confirm where inside your house the connection is to be installed.
- First, they'll carry out the work outside to bring the fibre to your house, this involves digging a narrow trench from the road to your house and installing a small connection box on the outside of your house.
- Once the outside work is complete, the engineer will install the modem inside. This involves drilling a hole from the outside in to bring the cable inside and installing a modem box on the wall inside. The engineer will test the connection to ensure everything is working as it should be.
- Next it will be time for you to plug in your router. Find the white cable with the yellow tips that came in the box with the router and plug the wire into the CityFibre wall box and the yellow tip into the red WAN port on your Fibrehop router.
- You can connect to WiFi using the code on the back of the router.
- You’re live and ready to go!
Will I need permission from my landlord for the installation?
If you don't own your property or you live in a shared building, you'll need to request permission from your landlord for the installation.
How can I change my appointment date?
You can change the date of your installation on the MyFibrehop portal up to two working days before your appointment. Please note that if the engineer arrives to install your connection and you are not home, this will incur a charge of £90.
Can I choose the route the fibre takes to my house?
The engineers will aim to accommodate your requests where possible.
Can I choose where the connection box goes outside my house?
The engineer will agree the position of the connection box with you before they carry out the work.
Can I choose where the connection / router is installed inside my house?
The modem inside your home will need to be directly opposite the outside wall box. This is to ensure there is no damage to the fibre. Your Fibrehop router is then plugged into that wall box using the short cable provided.
Will the engineer plug in my router?
The engineer will test the connection to make sure everything is working but they will not plug in your router. This is very easy to do yourself with the instructions above. If you have any problems, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will the installation take?
The installation should take between 1-3 hours. In the event that the engineers discover an issue with the infrastructure in the street during your installation, you may experience a delay in getting connected. If this is the case, we will keep you up to date with work being carried out and revised installation dates.
Any other questions?
If you still have questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com